1. What made you personally decide to stop eating shark fin soup?
Because people are killing sharks and the sea is getting red from their blood. Actually I never ate it before anyway.
2. How have you tried to spread the word to others, such as family, friends and colleagues?
Yes, I say if you eat shark fin, stop eating them and talk to the people making the soup to stop cutting the fins off the sharks.
3. Have you encountered any difficulties being shark-free and, if so, how did you overcome them?
No, I never wanted to eat it and I don’t eat it because I am happy for myself to not kill the sharks.
4. What does shark conservation mean to you? Why is it important?
To save the sharks is to also help us stay alive because they are a part of nature.
5. Tell us a little bit about you?
My Mummy borne me and my name is Olive Chiu. I am six years old and I am in year 2 at Kennedy School. I am special to my family because my Mummy loves me and takes care of me, and also my brother Noah. I like to draw pictures, play rugby and tennis and swim.
6. What is your ideal vision for the future of sharks and our oceans?
I wish in the future everyone knew that nature was important for all of the animals and I wish people didn’t litter and the seas were cleaner with no litter in the sea.